Home MyStudio Family MyStudio

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Playing Dress Up ~ Oklahoma ~ Me as Ado Annie

Once upon a time...

Long Long ago

I played Ado Annie.

It was a long time ago, 1984 to be exact, and our high school did not get the rights to record any of it although I am going to share with you some photos of me as Ado Annie.Thankfully my Mum had already started taking her photography classes and so I was given a beautiful gift of all the 5X7 photos in a photo album covered in fabric the same as one of the dresses I wore in the play for my birthday that year. I did also manage to find on line a school that did the play in 2007... with a VERY similar set to ours and a similar outfit to mine... even her voice is a little like mine, enough for you to get the gist of it... But our kisses were WAY better! Hehehehe 


This was one great kiss by a really popular boy in our school... lucky me!

So here I am, at the beginning of my art journey as Ado Annie



"It aint so much a question of not knowin what to do... I knowed what's right and wrong since I bin ten..."


I wore red eyeshadow that contained real 24K gold ~ WOW that was really cool for a gal my age!



"Oooooooklahoma when the wind comes sweepin down the plain..."


 My Boots were borrowed from a museum in Calgary and were amazing... they fit like a glove!


and this is my favourite song and my favourite scene!

Enjoy!



I'll be at the Creative Sewing Festival today so I'll be back soon with some really great photos of all the wonderful things I saw and possibly purchased! NEW MOHAIR for NEW BEARS Yipppppeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment