Home MyStudio Family MyStudio

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wonderland meets the Oscars

It's going to be a really busy day tomorrow! I went today to try to get in to see my all time favourite story "Alice In Wonderland" and was stunned to see that by the time I arrived all shows were already sold out for the entire day! YIKES! So I purchased tickets for tomorrows first viewing! So exciting I shall barely be able to sleep! Ha

And then of course tomorrow night is Oscar night... I love Oscar night! It is a long night and I have given up my BIG parties many years ago however I do still quietly participate with a nice comfy quilt, a beverage of choice and my handy ballot! I try to see the movies that will be nominated but of course there are always a few that slip quietly through the cracks until it is far too late to get them all in prior to the big night! So I have to just do my best and make an uneducated guess at that point but my husband plays along with me and he has usually seen less than me so you'd think I would stand a better chance... the truth is, he usually wins!

But for those of you who might like to have a bit of fun, here is the printable PDF ballot link.

Click here for Oscar Ballot

As to the free giveaway contest and the comments to this point: Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to "share some love" about your thoughts on your favourite bear styles. I always find it very interesting to hear that some love a certain style but do not create that style themselves. Why do you think that is? Maybe it is that we are drawn to what we cannot do (you cannot bring yourself to rip, cut and pluck out all that gorgeous mohair to leave those worn bald patches) or maybe it is just that if we did the aspect of the love and appreciation for that style would change somehow.

I personally love vintage style and I have now created and am creating that style for my up and coming show this November. However, I also love realistic bears and have a thought to challenge myself to try this for myself ... This I presume will take me years to accomplish but hay, if you shoot for the moon you might just get there or at least catch a star on the way back down if things don't work out as you planned. That is my favourite thing about me, I am not afraid to try. Don't take that the wrong way, I have things that I wish I could change about me and work on those as best I can but I also think it is good to recognize the things you like about yourself. The way I see it is if you don't try, you'll never know what might have happened if you had. And you always learn and grow in the process so there is never anything to fear.

Maybe one day, the task that currently seems to daunting, of starting a pattern process all over again, completely from scratch with all new proportions and all new EVERYTHING, will become a reality. I have been talking about it for a year already and there has been little progress. Not no progress, but little. Maybe one day it will click and I will just know exactly where to start but for now I will just keep dreaming about what might be and how to get there and admiring those who are already there!

Happy Oscar night everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment