Home MyStudio Family MyStudio

Monday, February 22, 2010

Priscilla

Hello Everyone:

I am sorry for the delay in posting, I was just not feeling myself and then my Mum came for a wonderful visit but I seem to be back on my feet.

I had to make a very big decision and it really took some time and a lot of soul searching but I have finally made that final choice. Seraphim bears will not be releasing any bears on line until possibly after Christmas this year, 2010. I have decided to attend my first bear show as an exhibitor this year. I will be continuing to progress with my pattern design and will be making many wonderful bears to build up my hug. I am so very excited and think this will be a wonderful experience.

I want you to know that I will still be here on my blog filling you in on my journey and letting you know what's going on at Seraphim Bears Studio. I also want to remind everyone that very very soon I will be having that free giveaway. I will also be releasing one bear this year for an on line giveaway with the wonderful online bear magazine publication Bears and Buds but you'll have to stay tuned to find out when.

I have now adopted a new addition to the Seraphim Bears Studio and her name is Priscilla. She is a 1941 Singer Featherweight 221 and I will be receiving her in the next week or two. I also own my grandmothers Singer 319K and have made yet another decision that from this point forward ALL Seraphim Bears that are machine sewn will be sewn using one of these two machines. I have changed my style to create a very vintage and traditional bear and I will from this point forward also use my wonderful vintage machines in their creation.

Here is my new gal:
 

  

She is a real beauty even with or should I say especially with her worn marks and faded decals. 
I purchase her from a wonderful lady and you might know her 
Cathy Lynn Forcino who is not only a fabulous bear maker but also a seller of all things Featherweight!
Thank you Cathy for thinking of me when you decided to adopt out Priscilla.

Here is her link if ever you wish to get one for yourselves:

http://www.cathylynnforcino.com/sewing%20machines.html

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Michele, you are going to LOVE working with Priscilla! I bought my AnnieMae from Cathy and absolutely ADORE her. I won't sew my bears on anything else because no other machine can compare to her perfection in my eyes. I bought a cover for her from Cathi Early which I just LOVE too(I just checked and I posted about it on my blog on Jan. 11--there's a link to contact her). Enjoy!

    And, oh, how exciting getting ready for your first bear show! Which one are you going to? I've promised Daphne that I will be attending the show in New Hampshire in April of 2011 so I have still have plenty of time to prepare.

    Heaps of Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say congratulations on your new addition, Priscilla is a real beauty, what a lucky bear-maker you are.

    I have been going back and forth on the show thing for a long time. I understand not having time for both. I still look forward to seeing sneak peeks of your new bears, I hope you will be showing us bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete